down the bottom of the garden

Sunday, August 27, 2006

I just don't fit in...

It's been the case for most of my life; I've always just been a little bit strange. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sitting around moping, in fact I often celebrate the fact I'm a little bit weird. Not like 'oh my what a fruit cake' kind of weird, just the occasional puzzled expression. I was actually quite popular at school but I've but told by close friends that people were just never sure how to take me. I've also been told by people I really quite liked when I met them that they thought I didn't like them and that I was a bit 'too cool for school'. It has sort of stopped me from forming too many close friendships... but that's the way I like it.

4 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger jeffrey said...

Y aknow its funny. I later found outthat many people in my high school thought I was a bit stuck up. What I think they didn't know was that I was really a bit shy and a huge spae cadet. So when I didn't respond to them the way they thought I should chances were better than 50/50 that I was either thinking they were too cool for me or I was off in lala land and didn't even notice.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger faerie said...

jeff: I'm always off in lala land :) It's fun.
When we were in LA my ex (then my boyf) wandered off down to Venice beach and later met up for me saying "I bought you a present. It just reminded me so much of you!"
I opened the bag to find a black tshirt with little white writing on it: 'I live in my own little world, but it's ok... they know me here.' *chuckles*

aimee: thanks! I love you and Hannah too. See you Wednesday. xo
I hope you're feeling better and you and Michael are having fun!! hehe.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Andre Veloux said...

I thought I would check in over here see what makes you tick.

All I can say, is you are only 23 so you better get used to not fitting in, because it's not going to change. It's the way you are, you are you, and let's face it if you did fit in, then you wouldn't be half the person you are. I am quite proud of the fact that I didn't fit in at school, though obviously at the time it caused me no end of angst. It's a shame I now think I was rather cool at University and school, when in fact I thought I was the opposite. QED you must be pretty cool.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger jeffrey said...

I'll post when I am done with it and have healed enough but a lot of Northwest native american art is involved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home