down the bottom of the garden

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Phrase structure RULES or morphologists get more roots

Kelly who used to live in my room came around tonight and we shared some cunning linguist jokes. Ah, good times.
Kel and Ash understand the linguistics obsession. I think I may have found what I'm majoring in. How's this...
spin sounds the same if you replace the p with a b sound... say it! spin... sbin... spin... sbin.

These are from http://www.qwantz.com/ So funny...
Em, I stil like the Salt n Peppa dinos however.

So many funny dinosaurs!

4 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger jeffrey said...

Oh great..now my lips are nump..I mean numb. When native spanish speakers are under age 3 they can't trill thier R's very well. After months of having three year olds make fun of you while learning spanish this can be a great moment of payback. "whats the matter little boy, can't you make the rrrr sound? nah-nah!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Kel said...

Hey, I might just be doing a morphology unit in the next year! Does that mean....?
Actually, I have to give credit to Alan Dench for those ones, and for my Morphologists Get More Roots badge. Classic.
However, the 'spin' 'sbin' is all my own creation. I take complete credit. Was glad to spin you out!

It was good to see ya luv, I'll make sure I keep in touch!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger faerie said...

Sure will. Do you remember that Mc Gurk thing where you looka t the guy saying it and he says something different than if you close your eyes? Did that make sense? Anyway, it's a bit like that. I hear however that someone might have to gice credit to you for their cunninglinguistics badge?
xo

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Kel said...

Just spreading the LingSoc lurve!

P.S. I'm in Manchester! Madrid tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home