down the bottom of the garden

Friday, September 15, 2006

Talking elephant amazes keepers

"If we could talk to the animals... just imagine it; chatting with a chimp in chimpanzee..."

So I'm surpised a certain linguist has not been posting about more talking animals...
This elephant has learnt to mimic it's trainer's speech. Now they are trying to determine whether or not the elephant understands human language.
Screw that, lets just conclude with out proper evidence that elephants can talk and understand us -it's what all the cool kids do (and just quietly, I think the elephant is psychic!).

5 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No big deal...Scooby Doo was speaking a long time ago...

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you're just asking for it. I hope you've got life insurance.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger butercup said...

Do elephants have dialects like cows do?

Hehe.

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I done seen about every-thi-in when I seen an elephant... TALK!!!
:)

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a "certain linguist" may have taken note. Unless he was doing it entirely on his own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home