down the bottom of the garden

Friday, September 01, 2006

What do you do with a BA in English?

My life is a song.

Song for the day:
"What do you do with a B.A. in English? What is my life going to be?
Four years of college and plenty of knowledge, Have earned me this useless degree.
I can't pay the bills yet, 'Cause I have no skills yet.
The world is a big scary place.
But somehow I can't shake the feeling I might make
A difference to the human race."

Taken from a very funny musical called Avenue Q which I was lucky enough to see on Broadway! The lyrics sound a tad too serious when taken out of context like this; try to imagine it's being sung by a puppet called Princeton. :)

Seriously though, any ideas on how to save the world with German/Linguistics major? Cause that's the way it seems to be heading at the moment... a far cry from the environmental science/sustainability degree that almost was.

2 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger jeffrey said...

It would seem no one has a very good answer to this question. One that has been posed for years I might add. Myself, I have a degree in Spanish with minors in Latin American studies and Psychology. What do I do? Software development. Go figure.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I switched over to the new beta blogger in a fit of late night genious. Let me know if you still can't post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home