down the bottom of the garden

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Cricket

Guess what? I love cricket. I love all the statistics and I admire the concentration and the skill it takes to play.
There are 79426 people watching the cricket at the MCG today!
Australia are about to bowl out England and win the 4th test... Australia have been playing well but England have not played very well consistently so it kinda makes winning (in my eyes anyway) a bit less special. I don't like a whitewash.

Something about myself that I don't understand, when it comes to sport, is that I follow a team and generally it will me my 'home' side or the Australian national side. And I get excited when they win. Why?

It's not so much the competitiveness that bothers me, but the whole national/tribal thing. I almost want not to go for Australia because I hate nationalism. I hate that we 'own' land and that we create nations. What the hell is a country anyway? Stupid power hungry humans...

*smiles sweetly*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home